Saturday, January 29, 2011

True Life: My Mom Is a Germ Freak

And it's gotten a lot worse since the last time I was home.

For example, today.

We dropped my sister off at Mercer for an all day nerd-fest (aka music camp) and set off for a day of shopping. First, we stopped at a gas station.


And then I saw it.


Homegirl was wearing a plastic, polyethylene, one-size-fits-all, disposable glove. Turns out she keeps a stash of them in her car to arm herself against all the fatal diseases one can catch from a gas pump.

I mean, I keep a bottle of GermX in my glove compartment for the same reasons, but gloves?

About ten minutes later, we stopped at Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Once our food arrived, Mom decided her fried egg needed salt. Mom grabbed an extra napkin, wrapped it around the salt shaker, and proceeded to salt her egg. I took a picture of this also, but my phone likes to delete my pictures on a regular basis.

Then, we saw a sign for a yard sale. So my mom got out this:



Just kidding. But a beautiful thing happened at this yard sale.

I stayed in the car because I had no interest in pillaging through other people's junk. Yard sales, to me, are awkward. So, I told mom to wave her hands in the air if she needed me. Well, within 30 seconds, she started waving her hands. I reluctantly got out of the car and walked up to where Mom was standing. And then I found these:



Yep. I got Ryan Adams' Gold and JM's Room For Squares for ONE DOLLAR EACH. I may or may not have screamed like a seven-year-old at a Jonas Brothers concert.

Of course, I had all the JM songs and almost all of the Ryan Adams songs on the cd's but it's always nice to have a hard copy of a JM cd to stare at in hopes that he will fly down from New York and tell me he dumped Jennifer Love Hewitt, Jessica Simpson, and Taylor Swift because he was holding out for me.

And my mom actually let me play them in her car without disinfecting them first. Then we shopped for six hours. Successful day? I think so.


1 comment:

  1. This is so funny!!

    Have you ever seen the guy in Perry that wears gloves? We always see him in Subway by publix. It's quite interesting.

    Josh just noticed that your blog background changed. He asked me when you changed it and I said I don't know I don't keep up with that!!

    And how dare you not come visit me at the PP while you were in middle-ish GA! haha jk :)

    ReplyDelete